Welcome to my blog on www.fishpc.com. Please be sure to check back for the latest information. You'll be able to see seasonal action and news. I'll announce the opening and the closing seasons of the Gulf of Mexico's favorite fish species. Be sure to contact us if you have any questions. Come and join us for a fun, memorable business or family fishing trip!
Mar 31, 2020
In the interest of the my crew, me, and all potential customers I am shutting down the LEO TOO to charters until further notice. None of us have the virus and no one who has been on the vessel has the virus but cases in Bay County are increasing and the safety of everyone around me and my crew is of paramount importance. In the 55 years of operation we have never shut down availability of charters on our vessels but the potential harm of the unknown with this Covid-19 Virus dictates my decision.
As soon as the situation with the virus begins to reduce the possibility of infection and our area returns to normal we will begin to offer trips again. We feel all signs are positive and the number of cases will soon peak and begin to recede. We are hopeful this will be within the next 3 to 4 weeks so all the reservations we currently have for May, June, and beyond will be able to fish and we look forward to seeing all those folks. Please bear with us as we move to help reduce the possibility of infections in our area. Thanks to all for the understanding and we hope that everyone who has fished with us and will be fishing with us are safe and healthy.
Capt Bob Zales, II
Mar 21, 2020
Here is the latest update on conditions in Panama City Beach as per the virus threat. Yesterday the PCB city council and Bay County commission closed all beaches for the next 7 days, to be reviewed at the end of the 7 days and may be continued for another 7 days if conditions warrant. The cause of the closures was a result of reckless, unintelligent, and selfish spring breakers who would not follow the State guidelines of no crowds of more than 10 people allowed anywhere including the beaches. As this word gets out about the closures we are hoping the remaining spring breakers who are planning to come with either stay home or comply with the guidelines and our beaches will again reopen.
Yesterday the FL Governor shut down all restaurant inside service as they can provide only take out or curbside service. This is for the entire state. There are still no known cases or suspected cases of the virus in Bay County. We are still available for fishing and now offer a special 3 hour trolling trip at a reduced rate. Call for info should you decide to come down. Anyone who has an upcoming reservation and decides to or cannot come please contact us to cancel. There is no fee to cancel and hopefully you can rebook in the near future.
Stay tuned for regular updates as we work thru this trying time.
Mar 18, 2020
In our continuing effort to keep you informed on current events here is the most recent news. You may have seen the notice from Capt Anderson's Marina that in their cautious effort they are suspending all head boat and dolphin boat cruises. until April 1. These are cruises where many individuals buy tickets and probably do not know the other people on the trip and are usually crowds of over 20 or 30 people in a confined space. As we already decided we are only chartering to a full party with only your family and/or friends will be on the boat, no one you do not know. We are still fully operational and making trips so if you have a reservation please come and if you want to make a reservation please do.
The below was sent from "Visit Panama City Beach" the local Tourist Development Council, today. This is the latest update for info from here. There are still, repeat, still, no known or suspected cases of the virus by anyone in Bay County.
• Our beaches are currently open. However, we are encouraging locals and visitors alike to follow the recommended guidelines of “social distancing.” This includes limiting ALL gatherings to fewer than 10 people and remaining at least six feet apart from others.
• Healthy Beaches information is located here: https://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/healthy-travel-inform…/
Restaurants & Bars:
• Government recommendations for limiting contact with other people continue to grow more restrictive. Based on current CDC guidelines and the latest from Gov. Ron DeSantis, all Florida bars and night clubs have been shut down for at least 30 days, while restaurants are restricted to half capacity.
• The governor has also asked that seating be staggered for social distancing purposes and is encouraging people to utilize takeout and delivery.
Events & Public Spaces:
• All special events scheduled prior to May 1sthave been canceled or postponed. This includes UNwineD, Seabreeze Jazz Festival, SandJam and Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally.
• Panama City Beach recreational sports leagues, tournaments, fields, and special events have also been postponed until May 1.
• Frank Brown Park, PCB Sports Complex, Panama City Beach Senior Center and Lyndell Center will be closed for the next 60 days.
• All public places, businesses, restaurants and retail stores are encouraged to have alcohol-based hand sanitizer at entrances.
• Visit Panama City Beach will close the visitor’s center lobby effective today, March 18. However, our staff remain dedicated to you and will be available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Sunday to answer any questions via phone, email or our new Live Chat option located here.
Thanks and keep watching our fb site and web site for current news.
Mar 15, 2020
Until further notice we are suspending "joined trips", trips where different groups are joined together to share costs. We are doing this, and we will lose some trips as a result, to help ensure your trip is as clean, safe, and enjoyable as possible. You, your family, and/or friends will be the only party on the trip. This should help provide you more confidence that your experience will be safe and as germ free as possible. The Bay County,FL area is still free from any infected or suspected infected persons. The area is active and waiting on your vacation and fishing trip. Call to make your reservations today.
Mar 11, 2020
As we all enter this new era of the spreading virus I want to take some time to tell folks what we are doing on the LEO TOO and what to expect in the Panama City Beach area. While there are a small number of confirmed cases in the entire state there is only 1 near here in Okaloosa County, a person who was traveling. All of the local condos, hotels, and rentals are up and running and there are no reports of any medical issues. All of the restaurants and other eateries in the area are also currently virus free and everyone in the area is taking all recommended precautions to ensure the area is safe for all our visitors.
On the LEO TOO we have always provided a clean and safe vessel to fish from and have now increased our efforts. We are providing quality soaps to clean your hands, hand sanitizer and wipes for your use, and after every trip we are cleaning areas with high quality disinfectant. We are also using the disinfectant on all our rods and reels. We are working hard to ensure our vessel is safe and as germ free as possible. I am told that warmer weather helps to slow the spread of the virus so we are looking forward to the good and warm weather to come. If, for whatever unknown reason, conditions begin to change we will be updating the info on our site.
At this time the area and our vessel are in great condition and we look forward to your visits. Should you have any questions please contact us and if we cannot answer your questions we will direct you to someone who can. We receive daily updates from the State Emergency Response Team and are continually monitoring the situation. Thanks and contact us today for your fishing reservations.